Monday, August 22, 2011

Juice Fast: Day 2

I still haven't eaten anything. It's shocking, I know. I've followed through for 2 whole days. I have to say that as terrible as Day 1 was, Day 2 was really easy. I still feel woozy and disconnected sometimes, but I'm not hungry. I feel calmer and flatter (emotionally) and I imagine I'm not as quick as I would be ordinarily, but it's not too bad. Especially for Day 2. Although, I do have a sneaking suspicion that I need 15 hours of sleep a night and 2 gallons of diet soda a day to get through this.

Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. If I only get through these 2 days, cool. If I get through 10, awesome. I'm not willing to think about 30, much less 60 at this point.

This morning I had the Pear Basic, because I was going to be late for my interview, I had the stuff on hand, and I knew it was a good, easy juice. After that, I subsisted on diet soda only. Sigh. Interview went alright, though. Seriously, I may end up just being anorexic living off of diet soda at this rate. Maybe I should start taking a multivitamin, regardless.

One thing I'm finding interesting, though, is that I'm not hungry. I can feel the tired, boring breaks during the day when I'd like to eat some food, but food itself really isn't the issue. I'm just bored and I love both the act of eating and food itself. So I'm not really happy, per se, but I'm not suffering from a lack of solid food, either. Maybe this will end up being more about an addiction to food and eating than about weight loss. It's be interesting... I can't picture a version of myself that wouldn't welcome the idea of pigging out. Sad, huh?

Tonight, I tried the Bleeding Grapefruit from The Big Book of Juices. It's number 048 on page 115. It has plenty of good vitamins and minerals and everything, but it doesn't matter. It's utterly impossible to drink. I'd really rather stick with water or diet soda than that crap. Dear god, was it awful.

I threw it all out (after gagging my way through a few sips) and made a new batch with 4 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 1 apple, and 1tsp of spirulina for protein. Not delicious, but at least it doesn't make me gag. Like I said, I'm really worried this will just devolve into me just not eating and living off of diet soda and vitamins like a crazy person. We'll see.

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment